Glulam products should be stored as follows:
1) Glulam should be stored under cover during construction
2) Glulam should be stacked in a well drained position well clear of the ground in an area clear of vegetation
3) Glulam stored on-site should be filleted to ensure air circulation on all surfaces of members
4) Where glulam members are wrapped, the wrapping should be split along the underside to permit the drainage of water
5) Where wrappings are provided these should not be removed until the last practicable moment
6) Avoid partial removal of wrapping as this may result in patchy discolouration
The image below shows wrapped beams being filleted to ensure they are well clear of the ground and protected from environmental hazards.